Hiring a professional mover Cedar Rapids mover can cost you anywhere from a few hundred to several thousand dollars depending on who you choose, the distance of your move, and the services you need.
To avoid any unpleasant surprises, it’s best to get a quote or estimate from multiple movers so you know exactly what to expect on moving day.
What’s the point of a movers Cedar Rapids quote?
Professional movers Cedar Rapids want to have an accurate idea of what your move will entail for three main reasons:
- It helps them prepare
- It’s more professional
- You know the cost before moving day
Some professional movers can give you a general quote over the phone or digitally, but they are only legally bound by the information on your written estimate. In other words, if a professional mover gives you one projection over the phone but it becomes much higher when they visit you in person, you’ll have to go by the written price.
Are there different types of moving estimates?
The short answer is yes. Let’s take a look at three:
- Binding moving estimate: Did your mover give you a binding estimate? Then they’re required to honor the price they give as long as nothing changes. So, say you only move the items listed on the inventory sheet, then the final price should match what was written on the binding estimate.
- Non-binding moving estimate: This is your mover Cedar Rapids best guess of your moving cost. It’s non-binding, so the final price will be determined by the weight of your shipment and the services rendered. There is wiggle room here, so the actual bill may be much higher than the non-binding estimate.
- Binding-not-to-exceed moving estimate: This type of moving estimate is straightforward. It’s meant to be the same thing as a binding estimate except you’ll pay less than the quoted price if your items weigh less than the estimate.
The Dos and Don’ts of Getting Mover Cedar Rapids Quotes
Regardless of the mover Cedar Rapids you speak to, always follow these tips to protect yourself.
- Don’t sign blank documents. Your moving company should tell you exactly what you’re signing. If your mover asks you to sign an incomplete document on moving day, tell them to reschedule and then use a different company. You could end up paying charges you never agreed to if you do sign it.
- Look for an experienced team. It’s tempting to choose the moving company with the lowest estimate, but you should trust your home and belongings to a team of professionals that has been in the game for a while. At White Glove Movers, we’ve been helping people in Cedar Rapids move since 2004 so we’ve gathered a lot of experience under our belts.
- Have your moving company complete a walkthrough. You can get quotes over the phone and online but you’ll get the most accurate information when your mover inspects your home in person. Give us a call today to schedule an estimate and we’ll give you all the information you need for your short or long distance move (even across state lines).
Get Your Moving Quote Today
If a move is in your future, speak to the team at White Glove Movers today! We have a reputation of handling all residential moves with care and would love to help you out with your move. Give us a jingle and we’ll provide you with an accurate movers Cedar Rapids estimate.